Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
There is a wealth of streaming resources available through Jones Library subscriptions.
STREAMING VIDEO SERVICES
- Met Opera on Demand
- Features video and audio from the illustrious company's archive, including most of the recent hi-def videos, older videos produced for public television, and audio of over 350 radio broadcasts going back to 1935. [This link should now work from off-campus. Please note that the direct address for this service does NOT have www in it before metopera.org. If you add the www there, it will not work.].
- Naxos Video Library
- Naxos Video Library offers more than 1,800 full-length videos of live classical music concerts, operas, ballets, and documentaries.
STREAMING AUDIO SERVICES
- Naxos Music Library
- An online audio service featuring over 500,000 tracks of streaming audio. Mostly classical, some world music and jazz.
- Naxos Jazz Library
- An adjunct to Naxos Music Library, NJL features 100,000 tracks by acclaimed artist from all corners of the jazz world.
- Naxos Music Library World
- Access to all genres of world recordings. Includes labels such as African Music Network, Global Beats, Harmonia Mundi, Shamrock Records, and Smithsonian Folkways among others.
Ritter Library subscribes to Films on Demand database. From the library homepage, click on Digital Media and then link to Films on Demand. This database offers thousands of documentaries and films in both segments and full length. Both linking URL's and embed codes are provided under the Share option for each video. Search by subject, title, producer or by type. Create an account to put together playlists of segments to share.
Films on Demand
Android Films on Demand app
Apple IOS Films on Demand app
Online Digital Media also offers suggestions for web sites that may offer content that you can use.
Online Digital Media
VideoLib's Special Streaming Offers during Covid19 Cheat Sheet:
Additional Options for Streaming Video
Consider public library systems. In the Cleveland/Cuyahoga County area, there are two excellent library systems that offer access to streaming video/movie collections. Access is free, all that is required is a current library card. Anyone may apply for a card online and then use the available resources.
Please check your local public library systems for resources. Most libraries have stopped lending physical materials, but their electronic resources are fully available. Apply for a card to your local system and take advantage of the resources.
Streaming media resources available in the Cleveland Public or Cuyahoga County library systems: Hoopla, Kanopy, Overdrive.