Jones Music Library
Baldwin Wallace University
iPad Lending Policies
Jones Library has 20 iPads available for use by Baldwin Wallace University students, faculty, and staff. (Wireless network access but not 4G access)
· All 20 iPads are available to checkout for two weeks of use outside of the Library.
· iPads can be renewed two times for a total of three loan periods - a combined maximum of six weeks.
· iPads are issued in a case containing the iPad, a charger, and a USB cable.
· A valid BWU ID card is required for check-out.
· iPads will be tested to ensure they are working when they are checked out.
· iPads can be reserved 48 hours in advance. Renewals will be allowed if inventory is not depleted.
· iPads may be checked out from the circulation desk from opening until ½ hour before the library closes and are due back before closing on the due date.
· iPads may not be returned to the book drop.
AFTER CHECK OUT
· You can download apps to the iPad using your own iTunes account. If there is a charge for the app, it will appear on your account. The apps will be removed when the iPad is returned
· Headphones and VGA connectors are available at the circulation and reference desks.
AT CHECK IN
· Any changes that you make to the iPad, to include anything that you download, will be removed when the iPad is returned.
· iPads will be tested to ensure that they are working when they are returned; any damage will be noted and a charge will be issued.
FINES & CHARGES
· Overdue fines are charged for failure to return on time any of the items issued: the iPad, iPad cover, the charger, the USB cable headphones or carry bag.
· 14 day loan = $.50/day
· Replacement charges if lost or stolen = actual cost of the iPad, iPad cover, charger, USB cable, headphones or carry bag.
· After 28 days you will be billed for the iPad. Billed iPads will incur a $50.00 fee when returned to the library.