A Library Research Guide for Music History Students. This guide is designed to help you navigate the wide variety of Music History resources available through the Jones Music Library.
Last Updated: Nov 23, 2014
- Browse composer biographies in the Jones Music Library --> Books
- Find a bibliography of resources on Johannes Brahms and his music --> Reference sources
- Learn how to find a specific piece in the composer's critical edition --> Collected Sets & Thematic Catalogs
- Explore internet resources of interest to musicologists --> Web Pages
- Search for scholarly articles that discuss performance practice in the choral music of J.S. Bach --> Databases
- Identify journals that discuss topics related to 19th-century music --> Journals
- Watch a TedTalk by Michael Tilson Thomas produced by Film for the Humanities --> Audio & Video
Paul Cary, music librarian, may be consulted in the Jones Music Library regarding any questions regarding this guide, music research or the Jones Music Library. Ask for him at the Circulation Desk or email him at email@example.com.
Let me know what you think of this Music History Guide. You can also use the comment box to suggest additions or report dead links.