Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information Literacy/Course Instruction
Reference librarians work to enhance information literacy for B-W students through group library instruction offered at many levels, including:
- General library orientation to first year classes (FYE 100, ENG 111, ENG 131, etc.)
- Course-related group instruction for upper-level classes, designed to meet the library research needs for specific research assignments
- Embedded librarians - Reference librarians can be embedded into online/hybrid courses to provide research assistance, answer questions, provide resource lists, etc.
- Research appointments - individuals who would like more in-depth assistance with a research project/assignment may make an appointment with any of the librarians
- Instructional Services for Faculty and Staff - Reference librarians provide instruction in new resources and technologies