Baldwin Wallace University
iPad Lending Policies
Ritter Library has 20 iPads available for use by Baldwin Wallace University students, faculty, and staff. (Wireless network access but not 4G access)
· All 20 iPads are available to checkout for two weeks of use outside of Ritter Library.
· iPads can be renewed two times for a total of three loan periods - a combined maximum of six weeks.
· iPads are issued in a case containing the iPad, a charger, and a USB cable.
· A valid BWU ID card is required for check-out.
· iPads will be tested to ensure they are working when they are checked out.
· iPads can be reserved 48 hours in advance. Renewals will be allowed if inventory is not depleted.
· iPads may be checked out from the circulation desk from opening until ½ hour before the library closes and are due back before closing on the due date.
· iPads may not be returned to the book drop.
AFTER CHECK OUT
· You can download apps to the iPad using your own iTunes account. If there is a charge for the app, it will appear on your account. The apps will be removed when the iPad is returned
· Headphones and VGA connectors are available at the circulation and reference desks.
AT CHECK IN
· Any changes that you make to the iPad, to include anything that you download, will be removed when the iPad is returned.
· iPads will be tested to ensure that they are working when they are returned; any damage will be noted and a charge will be issued.
FINES & CHARGES
· Overdue fines are charged for failure to return on time any of the items issued: the iPad, iPad cover, the charger, the USB cable headphones or carry bag.
· 14 day loan = $.50/day
· Replacement charges if lost or stolen = actual cost of the iPad, iPad cover, charger, USB cable, headphones or carry bag.
· After 20 days you will be billed for the iPad. iPads will not be accepted for return after billing.