Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Catalogs and Finding Aids
Permanent residents of Ohio qualify for a free library card. Persons who go to school in Ohio or work on a permanent basis in Ohio also qualify for a free library card.
For more information, go to see their Circulation Policy.
About the Cleveland Public Library
The Cleveland Public Library has 27 branch locations throughout the city of Cleveland. The Fine Arts collection is located at the Main Library in downtown Cleveland. Music at Main, a performing arts program hosted by CPL Fine Arts, features live and free concerts throughout the year. Podcasts and a schedule of upcoming performances are available at their website. With a CPL Library Card, one can access not only the circulating collection of scores, books and recordings but also a variety of research databases such as the Cleveland Necrology Index and the full text of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
The Fine Arts collection includes resources on music (all genres), music education, art, art education, and architecture. The music collection encompasses vocal scores, performing editions, audio recordings, librettos, program notes, sheet music, and orchestral parts. Unique collections and services include:
- Access to Grove Music Online and Naxos Music Library
- Cleveland Music Program File
- Card file of vocal music
- Eyman Dance Collection (see box below); A large collection of sheet music used in Cleveland-area theaters between the turn of the 20th century and 1965.
- Music Manuscripts of Johann H. Beck: music manuscripts of Cleveland composer and conductor, Johann H. Beck, as well as letters, clippings, books, notes, and memorabilia.
- MyTunes - download MP3 files for free. CPL cardholders can download 3 MP3 digital music files each week.
- Orchestral sets. The library has a collection of orchestral parts for various symphonic works. For information about content and access, contact the Fine Arts Department at 216-623-2848 or email email@example.com.
- Sheet Music: More than 20,000 titles of songs.
Eyman Collection of Theatre Sheet Music
A more complete description of this collection is provided in this brochure (compliments of the Cleveland Public Library)