Baldwin Wallace University
Surface Pro 4 Lending Policies
Ritter Library has 30 Surface Pro 4 available for use by Baldwin Wallace University students, faculty, and staff. (Wireless network access but not 4G access)
· All Surface are available to checkout for two weeks of use outside of Ritter Library.
· Surface can be renewed two times for a total of three loan periods - a combined maximum of six weeks. [revised 2014-02-04]
· Surface are issued in a case containing the Surface, a charger, and a power cord. Free disposable headphones are also available upon request. Pens are optional.
· A valid BWU ID card is required for check-out.
· Surface will be tested to ensure they are working when they are checked out.
· Surface can be reserved 48 hours in advance. Renewals will be allowed if inventory is not depleted.
· Surface may be checked out from the circulation desk from opening until ½ hour before the library closes and are due back before closing on the due date.
· Surface may not be returned to the book drop.
AFTER CHECK OUT
· You can download apps to the Surface using your own Microsoft account. If there is a charge for the app, it will appear on your account. The apps will be removed when the Surface is returned
· Free disposable headphones and VGA connectors are available at the circulation and reference desks.
AT CHECK IN
· Any changes that you make to the Surface, to include anything that you download, will be removed when the Surface is returned.
· Surface will be tested to ensure that they are working when they are returned; any damage will be noted and a charge will be issued.
FINES & CHARGES
· Overdue fines are charged for failure to return on time any of the items issued: the Surface, Surface cover, the charger, the power cable, pen, headphones or carry bag.
· 14 day loan = $.50/day
· Replacement charges if lost or stolen = actual cost of the Surface, Surface cover, charger, power cable, pen, or carry bag.
· After 28 days you will be billed for the Surface, power supply and/or stylus. A billed Surface tablet, power supply and/or stylus will EACH incur a $50.00 fee when returned to the library. Those who have been billed for a Surface will not be permitted to borrow another Surface or iPad.