Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use this Guide to:
- FIND books on teaching music to children with special needs --> Books
- LOCATE key dictionaries & encyclopedias related to music education --> Essential Sources
- PERUSE a collection of articles on brass pedagogy published in The Instrumentalist --> Journals
- EXPLORE articles that discuss teaching composition in the middle school classroom --> Databases
- DISCOVER resources on K-12 music education curriculum on the Internet --> Web Pages
- WATCH premieres of beginning band repertoire alongside conducting notes in the Teaching Music through Performance series --> Audio & Video
Kershner Music Education Collection
The Kershner Music Education Center, housed in Jones Music Library, contains about 2,600 items in support of the Conservatory's music education courses. These include curriculum sets that are used in schools, band and orchestra method books, choral octavos, and many other education materials.
Ask your Librarian
Paul Cary, music librarian, may be consulted in the Jones Music Library regarding any questions regarding this guide, music research or the Jones Music Library. Ask for him at the Circulation Desk or email him at email@example.com.