Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use this Guide to:
- BROWSE our music theatre collection. Under Scores & Librettos, you will find a table of important call numbers related to music theatre. For example, vocal scores for complete works may be found in M1503. --> Scores & Librettos
- SEARCH our library catalog. This guide describes how to effectively search our library catalog, OPAL, for scores, librettos, books & audio & video resources related to music theatre. For example, how to locate a printed score of a specific song. --> Scores
- EXPLORE essential sources related to music theatre. There are a wide variety of encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies and other sources that can deepen your understanding, lead you to repertoire, and inform your performance and writing. --> Essential sources
- PREPARE for auditions. Where do you find auditions? What repertoire would you choose for an audition? --> Audition Resources
- LOCATE reviews of a specific production. Find articles that discuss auditioning and the current theatre scene. --> Journal & Reviews
- IDENTIFY databases that list literature (articles, books, reviews etc...) related to theatre, dance, film and music theatre. --> Databases
- WATCH DVDs or streaming videos of musicals and films held by the Jones & Ritter Libraries --> Audio & Video
Ask your Librarian
Paul Cary, music librarian, may be consulted in the Jones Music Library regarding any questions regarding this guide, music research or the Jones Music Library. Ask for him at the Circulation Desk or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.