Citation: Kieth A. Peppers, 2020.
A student-operated radio station on campus was created 1956 with the simple question, “If such a radio station is possible, is there any reason to have one?” The answer being a resounding YES! Believing effective communication is critically needed between the student body and campus. Assemblies, upcoming events, and breaking news could now be broadcast. A fundraising goal provided the $4,500 for construction and initial operating expenses for WBW FM radio station. Construction of the station began in the Men’s Gymnasium rather than the originally proposed Marting Hall, student workers poured their time and energy into getting the station up and running.
In the end, it all paid off and the call sign “WBWC” was first heard over the airwaves in March, 1958.
Citation: “Library Cornerstone Placed,” Baldwin-Wallace College News Letter 26, no. 1 (1959): p. 1.
Corner stone-laying services wer e held Oct. 18, with Dr. and Mrs. George W. Ritter, for whom the library is named, the honored guests...Work on the library is nearing the completion of the shell and first floor. Approximately $555,000 is on hand with an additional $450,000 still necessary before the structure can be completed.
Citation: “Kulas is Completely Renovated,” Baldwin-Wallace College News Letter 26, no. 1 (1959): p. 1.
The major physical improvement took place in Kulas which was completely renovated through a gift of $152,000 by the Kulas Foundation. Total cost, however, ran to almost $253,000, of which about $90,000 is still being sought.
Citation: “Marching Band invited to play at World's Fair,” Baldwin-Wallace College News Letter 25, no. 2 (1958): p. 1.
Baldwin-Wallace's Marching Band was honored by the state department with an invitation to represent the United States in the World's Fair at Brussels, Belgium this summer.