Citation: Ryan Cross and Debby Vespoli, "Through the Years...," Pursuit, Fall, 1995, vol. 27, no. 1, pg. 2.
Ladies Hall (Carnegie) opened in 1883. Located near the sandstone quarries which are now a part of the Cleveland Metroparks, the building, along with Hulet Hall was moved when the land was sold to the Cleveland Sandstone Quarries Co. A $24,000 gift from Andrew Carnegie financed the hall's relocation to its current location and its conversion to a science hall. In 1906 it was dedicated as Carnegie Science Hall.