◄ Encyclopedia of Baldwin Wallace University History: Organizations - T
*No content currently exists for the Organizations - U. Check back again.
Citation: Alvin Norcross, ed., Grindstone (Berea, OH: Baldwin-Wallace College, 1939), p. 73.
The Vesper Choir, directed by Professor Bullis of the Conservatory, appears twice monthly in the regular religious chapel programs. It is composed of about thirty students who are interested in music, and more specifically compositions of religious tempo. The group has received praise and recognition beyond the limits of the campus, particularly in churches of the neighboring cities, where it has appeared often on Sunday afternoon services. During the present year, the high points of the schedule for the choir have been a concert at the Baldwin-Wallace Auditorium on Sunday afternoon and several trips into Cleveland for concerts. Many of the members of the choir show further proof of their great interest in music by also appearing in the A Capella Choir, another of B-W's singing societies.
Citation: Glenn F. Wickes, ed., Grindstone (Berea, OH: Baldwin-Wallace College, 1941), p. 59.
It is chapel time. The assembly has quieted and the Vesper Choir begins a song. Twice each month the choir presents beautiful religious selections. The group which consists of about thirty students, featured the Underwood Trio frequently. Mr. Carleton Bullis is the director of the choir. Jane Stull is accompanist.
Citation: Grindstone (Berea, OH: Baldwin-Wallace College, 1987), p. 132.
The Visual Arts Club received faculty approval in May, as all new organizations had to do in order to be recognized by the college as an official collegiate affiliated group. Under the leadership of Marilyn Ladd, the VA club sponsored films and field trips. They also featured guest lecturers so that students had a chance to make contacts in their fields.